Was it your intention to come into my life today and knock me off my feet? My knees are slightly tingling, but I already have a good feeling about the next 365 days with you. I think we should be honest with each other from the start though… I’m not looking for a long-term relationship. However, here are 14 goals for our time together:
1. Design and Print Business Cards.
2. Improve your Twitter abilities/Create a network and following
3. Read at least three Nora Ephron books.
4. Graduate University at the top of your department.
5. Learn how to fake a British Accent.
6. Develop a visible Six Pack or Run another Marathon. You’re choice.
7. Learn at least one magic trick that can be performed in social settings.
8. Compete a Jaw-Dropping work experience: internship, graduate scheme, part-time job or starting your own business.
9. Stop biting your nails. NO excuses – It’s tacky, immature, and unprofessional.
10. Watch every James Bond film ever made.
11. Start learning a Fourth Language.
12. Write a Travel Adventure Novel. It can be really really horribly bad as long as it’s written – with commas, periods, semi-colons and all the necessary punctuation.
13. Get over your fear of winking in public.
14. Visit Australia, China, Thailand or India. (The more the better).
I must say: It’s not you; It’s me that needs improving. But by this time next year, I will have outgrown you my dear 2014. After all, I don’t want to end up like you’re ex-girlfriend Miss-New-Years-Resolutions. This isn’t a about a fresh start. This relationship is built on trust, acceptance, and hard work. I promise to make you a memorable and meaningful year, if you promise to make me appear carelessly lucky to the outside world.