Want more examples? Click on the picture! There are 50 examples of inspirational branding and identity design projects to explore.
Some key dates:
1. It’s generally accepted that cinema was invented around 1895 with the first film made for projection: Workers Leaving the Lumière Factory. In the beginning, it is silent and in black-in-white (the first Coca-Cola bottle).
2. The first feature-lenght sound film to be projected was The Jazz Singer in 1929. However, not all studios immediately transitioned and believed that this evolution to talkies is good for the art form of cinema. Nevertheless, sound becomes the industry standard by the 1932-33.
3. The transition to technicolor changed the film industry between 1922-1955. This artistic transition varied the use of colour vs. black-and-white. Examples of this time: His Girl Friday, The Wizard of Oz, Singin’ in the Rain (and the second Coca-Cola Bottle).
4. Hollywood started experimenting with 3D technology in the 1950s with Cinerama and 3D projectors. However, ultimately the technology was abandoned until it re-appeared in the mid-1980s with IMAX. According to the MPAA report of 2012, 41% of the screens in the US are equip for 3D projection, there were 36 3D films released in the US last year, and 48% of US viewers have watched at least one 3D movie in 2012. That brings us to today (and the third Coca-Cola Bottle).
5. The Coca Cola Company was founded in 1886. So funnily enough, it’s history is about as long as cinema.
Oh how far we’ve come! Time to put on my 3D glasses…. or maybe we won’t need them in the future?
WWF (World Wide Fund for Nature) does some truly great print ads. An international organisation with a cause, and clearly some good graphic designers.