Some things I learned tonight:
1. There is nothing better than the smell of vanilla extract.
2. Don’t be afraid to improvise with baking, it is just cookies after all. And I’m pretty sure I just discovered a new secret ingredient to making cookies light and fluffy… (it’s adding a tablespoon of yogurt!)
3. Cautiously move forward and taste test along the way to help make the final product better.
4. My oven doesn’t work properly with the heat settings.
5. When the recipe says only make the dough balls 1 inch wide because they will expand…. trust the recipe and don’t make them larger.
6. Julia Child was right: “With enough butter, anything is good.”
7. Raw cookie dough batter is 100% better than the final baked version.
8. Loud pop music helps the dough and energy of the room rise.
9. If you’re wearing glasses … keep your face away from the oven door when you first open it.
10. Put the dough in the fridge to chill in between cooking separate batches.
The two recipes I referenced to create my own:
Happy Monday! And get creatively baking!