- When someone asks you to take a picture of them, take your job as a photographer seriously. This picture could be their only ‘couple picture’ in front of Big Ben. Or it could be her new Facebook Profile picture. (And we all know how important that is!)
- When it comes to working in coffee shops, be respectable of space. If you’re on your own at Starbucks, let a stranger take the other side of the table. And when they or you leave, say your goodbyes and smile… you were practically on a coffee date after all!!
- Be mindful of people traffic flow. Everyone is busy. Everyone is stressed. Everyone is late for a meeting. Everyone is being slowed down by tourists wandering on the wrong side of the street. So just please be respectful of those stressed and frazzled human beings around you. They’re fighting a battle as well.
- Those people on the street – the ones in colourful vests and a cause they’re promoting – are real people on the street. You don’t need to ignore them like the plague. THEY’RE PEOPLE, in the cold, trying to save Pandas. So say “no thank you” if you don’t have time, but have the courtesy to look them in the eyes.
- It’s easy to get caught up in day-to-day tasks. So, every now and again… take a break and look up at the wonderful buildings around you. It’s simultaneously a humbling and aspiring feeling. And will make you a better citizen of your respective city. A true Londoner, or Parisian, or New Yorker.